= Members Only
Marshall Steinberg Memorial Award
Marshall Steinberg Memorial Prize
The International Pharmaceutical Excipients Council (IPEC) Foundation’s mission is to encourage research and education related to excipients, chemical entities which are essential for formulation and delivery of active drug molecules to their site of action in medicines. To educate the public and professionals on the importance of excipients, the Foundation will award prizes, scholarships and grants to support development of excipients in cutting-edge research on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology products.
The Foundation, in collaboration with the American College of Toxicology (ACT) is soliciting candidates for the Marshall Steinberg Memorial Prize for outstanding contributions to the field of excipient safety. This prize, which includes a $10,000 cash award and plaque, will be presented at the Annual Meeting of ACT in November 2010, which will be held in Baltimore, MD.
This Prize is an excellent opportunity for recognition of an individual who has made essential contributions to the safety of pharmaceutical products. Specific information and application instructions for the Marshall Steinberg Memorial Prize can be found on the IPEC website (www.ipecfoundation.org). Application deadline is August 1, 2010.
INTERNATIONAL PHARMACEUTICAL EXCIPIENTS
COUNCIL OF THE AMERICAS FOUNDATION
PRIZE APPLICATION (2009)
1. Official Name of Nominee:____________________________________________________
2. Official Address of Nominee: ____________________________________________________
3. Phone Number of Nominee: _____________ 4. Fax number of Nominee ___________
5. Email address of Nominee: ___________________________________________________
(IF THIS IS A SELF NOMINATION, DO NOT FILL OUT SECTION BELOW)
6. Official Name of Nominator:____________________________________________________
7. Official Address of Nominator: _________________________________________________
8. Phone Number of Nominator: _____________ 9. Fax number of Nominator ___________
10. Email address of Nominator: __________________________________________________
11. State the award or prize applied for:__________________________________________
12. Attach to this document the following:
- a) A resume/curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- b) A short statement describing why the award or prize should be given to the nominee.
- c) If this application is for the Development of Strategic Excipient Initiatives Award, please attach a document describing the proposed solution, a statement ensuring that awardee will make the winning device available to purchase by industry and government as soon as possible, and any additional information or prototypes illustrating the innovation.
- d) Submit for as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2009. A single MicroSoft Word file will be accepted if PDF compatibility is not available. The prize name must be shown in the subject line of the e-mail. Faxed or mailed to:
Ms. Kimberly Beals
1655 North Fort Myer Drive, Suite #700
Arlington, VA 22209
Telephone: (703) 875-2127
I certify that all of the information above is true and accurate. I also certify that I have read the Foundation's Guidelines and Criteria for Prizes and agree to follow its requirements.
Nominee's Signature: __________________________________ Date: ________________